Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup & VCB over NFS

2008-06-05 17:52:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup & VCB over NFS
From: "Stefaan Margot" <stefaan.margot AT pandora DOT be>
To: <Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 23:36:55 +0200

Hi,

I’m doing a test setup with Netbackup 6.5.1 and ESX.

I want to setup VCB backups with VM hosts on Fibre, iSCSI, and NFS.

Fibre & iSCSI works great … but when I want to backup the VM Hosts that are located on an NFS “voluim”, it doesn’t work.

I get an error 156.

We installed the NFS tools on the VCB proxy and we can mount the host with the vcbmounter tool.

Does anybody know if VM hosts on NFS are supported by Netbackup?

If so, are there special things I should keep in mind?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Stefaan