Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Status 25 errors. Can't connect on socket with no real rhyme or reason.

2008-06-04 01:30:20
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Status 25 errors. Can't connect on socket with no real rhyme or reason.
From: "Michael Graff Andersen" <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Kain, Steven" <skain AT gannett DOT com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 07:13:06 +0200
Hi Steve

Not sure how much help it is, but it sounds like it might could be
something in the network. Have seen it once with faulty network switch
and another time after some security patches/update of anitvirus
software.

We found some indication of our problem in the clients bpcd log after
turning the verbose setting to 5

Do you have any firewalls in this enviroment ?

Another thing there might be worth looking at is the timeout
parameters in netbackup

Regards
Michael