Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NDMP Incremental backup

2008-06-03 18:51:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NDMP Incremental backup
From: PGerard <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 18:35:55 -0400
No...all of the other policies for the other file systems are built the exact
same way and they are fine.  This particular one has outlook PST files in it,
which are likely quite large, and I doubt they are ALL changing, so I suspect
the time stamp gets modified when the users open it up with outlook...i guess
it's possible they have some automatic archiving too and the minute even a
single new email message makes it into the PST it is deemed as having changed
and will get picked up by an incremental.  We are running differentials all the
time with only Monthly backups....we have 30TB of Celerra and only 6 tape
drives to back it all up, so doing it every week would be extremely tedious.  I
thought maybe the ctime thing was causing this but the more I think about it,
the more I think the files are just being modified on a daily basis.

Thanks