Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Identify Full tapes on Windows environment

2008-05-30 06:33:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Identify Full tapes on Windows environment
From: Dave Markham <dave.markham AT fjserv DOT net>
To: "veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu" <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 11:00:40 +0100
Guys, has anyone done this on windows at all? I have done it on unix by
shell script but need to help a guy do it on windows.

Windows 2003
Netbackup 6.5

We have a 20 tape DLT jukebox and need to AUTOMATICALLY alert via email
if possible when tapes are full.

I'm sure you can pull a report from the gui manually but i need an
automatic process ideally to alert ops in the datacenter so they can
remove tapes which are full.

On unix i do the following (which a few extra bits) :-

#robot parameters
if [ -s /tmp/robot ];then
        ROBOT=`cat /tmp/robot`
else
        ROBOT=`/opt/openv/volmgr/bin/sgscan | awk -F: '/P1000/ {print $1}'`
        echo $ROBOT > /tmp/robot
fi

ROBCMD="$VMDIR/tldtest -r $ROBOT"

#Get Jukebox Inventory
get_jb_inv()
{
        cp $JBINV $JBINV.old
        echo "s s" | $ROBCMD | egrep "slot|Barcode" > $JBINV
}

#Command finds full tapes
$NBUDIRA/bpmedialist -mlist -l | awk ' { if ( int($15/8)%2 ) {print $1}
}'  > /tmp/tapechk

get_jb_inv

echo ""
echo "Tapes contained in L1000 which are Full" |tee -a $MAILFILE
echo "" | tee -a $MAILFILE
for x in `cat /tmp/tapechk`
do
        grep $x $JBINV > /dev/null
        if [ $? = 0 ];then
                $VMDIR/vmquery -m $x | egrep "media ID|pool" |tee -a
$MAILFILE
        fi
done

cheers.