Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Large volume client migration

2008-05-29 17:34:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Large volume client migration
From: "Esson, Paul" <Paul.Esson AT Redstor DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 22:17:50 +0100

Folks,

Does anyone have experience of large volume client migration from one NetBackup Domain to another that they can share?  I am looking at having to define a process for moving several hundred clients from a v5.1 Domain (Windows 2000) to a new v6.5 Domain (Solaris 10).   I was intending to use bpgetconfig and bpsetconfig to change the SERVER settings, if these are still available in v6.5, but I need a method of adding the host properties and the policy and schedule information.  Can I use bpclient to query the current domain and feed some of those existing properties to the new Domain for instance?

Regards,

Paul Esson
Redstor Limited

Direct:               +44 (0) 1224 595381
Mobile:          +44 (0) 7766 906514
E-Mail:          paul.esson AT redstor DOT com
Web:            www.redstor.com

REDSTOR LIMITED
Torridon House
73-75 Regent Quay
Aberdeen
UK
AB11 5AR

Disclaimer:
The information included in this e-mail is of a confidential nature and is intended only for the addressee.  If you are not the intended addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality.