Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] "FREEZING media id ..." messages goingsomewhere otherthan bptm logs?

2008-05-29 11:54:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] "FREEZING media id ..." messages goingsomewhere otherthan bptm logs?
From: netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk
To: <Gabriel.Rosenkoetter AT radian DOT biz>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
To: <SJACOBSO AT novell DOT com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 17:39:09 +0200
I take it the reports->media logs is what you want either? Filter on description containing frozen.

Scott, I think you missed the point of my question. You just told me how to find the output of bpmedialist in the GUI (which I knew, and also don't care about).

I know which tapes are frozen and I know exactly where they are. I'm looking for log files from the process that froze them which, under NBU 5.x and below, was always bptm (when freezing occured during the course of normal backups or duplications).

In this case, I have 3 tapes frozen and no record in the bptm logs.

--
gabriel rosenkoetter
Radian Group Inc, Unix/Linux/VMware Sysadmin / Backup & Recovery