Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] FYI - Symantec made a change to their FTP (no longerallows list)

2008-05-28 22:53:24
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] FYI - Symantec made a change to their FTP (no longerallows list)
From: Jared.Seaton AT mylanlabs DOT com
To: "Michael Graff Andersen" <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 22:32:11 -0400

This is terrible, I have always used the FTP to get MPs, etc because I need them for multiple platforms and it is much easier to queue everything up in <insert your ftp client here> than using the website and getting each one individually.

ALSO, I find the Symantec site EXTREMELY painful to use, the search function is almost unusable, nothing seems organized; this is terrible news. :'-(

I have been using Google to find technotes for netbackup using the following url: (searches seer.entsupport.symantec.com for "netbackup" and anything within the past month)

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=site%3Aseer.entsupport.symantec.com+netbackup&as_qdr=m

Jared M. Seaton
Recovery Administrator
Mylan Inc.
304-554-5926
304-685-1389 (Cell)

"Michael Graff Andersen" <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu

05/28/2008 04:36 PM

"Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
cc
veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Subject
Re: [Veritas-bu] FYI - Symantec made a change to their FTP (no longerallows list)

Think we all should complain, especially as the java download dosn't
really work for the big files.

And they are refering to the ftp site in numerous technotes, makes
absolutely no sense to have a pub(lic) area that can't be browsed.

my 10 cent

Michael

2008/5/28, Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>:

> On Wed, 28 May 2008, Curtis Preston wrote:
>
> > Now THAT'S just ridiculous
> >

> > Curtis Preston  |  VP Data Protection
> > GlassHouse Technologies, Inc.
> >

> Agree and I asked if this change would be reversed-- it will not be, one
> must use the website for everything now FYI.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail message and all attachments transmitted with it may contain legally privileged, proprietary and/or confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution, duplication or other use of this message and/or its attachments is strictly prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message and its attachments.  Thank you.