Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Setting up "use specified network interface" troubles

2008-05-21 20:16:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Setting up "use specified network interface" troubles
From: "Ellis, Jason" <jellis AT abaris-inc DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 18:02:39 -0600

I’m trying to setup the “use specified network interface” at a customer that has a GigE backup network. The environment is one Master/Media server and one client, both Linux running NetBackup 6.0 MP4. I’ve updated the /etc/hosts file to refer to the backup interface as hostname_nb and configured both the Master/Media server and client to use their respective interfaces. However when I restart the NetBackup services and attempt to connect to the Master server properties I get an “MM Status 88” error, but what’s weird is I can connect to the same server under Media server properties just fine.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
Jason