Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU - Subject Topic Context

2008-05-21 01:33:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU - Subject Topic Context
From: "Scott Jacobson" <SJACOBSO AT novell DOT com>
To: "nbu" <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 23:12:28 -0600
Forum,

With so many good and critical topics discussed in this invaluable forum, I'd
like to propose a suggestion
to the forum in returning to a Veritas version level description in the e-mail
"subject" area first, which could
help each of us determine, in part, if we wish to open, review and respond in
support.

Most of us can breeze through current e-mail's by topic and decide to read it
or not.

For some who are focused in the 5.x, 6.0 to 6.5x upgrade process, I've
unexpectedly
found good information in e-mail's whose subject descriptions don't reference
anything to do with the issues or problems in the 6.x upgrade process.

This suggestion may also be helpful as we migrate through the  6.5.x +
releases/patches
in the upcoming year(s).

My suggestion is certainly not limited to my area of focus, but perhaps for any
of us who
may want to first qualify their primary question or issue based their current
running
version level 1st, and the issue 2nd.

I just recall this being a "norm" 4+ years ago.

Maybe long term member's like Ed, Simon and Justin or others, including the WEB
Master can chime in
and correct my assumptions on forum protocol.

Thanks,
Scott J.