Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] DSU - Quick Question

2008-05-20 10:25:36
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] DSU - Quick Question
From: "WEAVER, Simon \(external\)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
To: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 14:58:19 +0100
Hi Ed
Thanks. There is no bottleneck here, just trying to see if DSU will be quicker than Tape LTO3. When I done my initial test, the tape backup was faster than the tape.

So I am happy with the tape. I am happy with the time it takes.

the data is not a mega large amount, but I just wanted to pop the question on the list to see if there was a benefit in retaining the same policy with its streams, or amend the policy to backup one volume and tell it to use a DSU on a brand new volume on the same physical server :-)

FlashBackups are not going to be considered on this occasion, but will be looked into for a larger 2TB Volume with a mix and match of files, folders, ect.