Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] HOWTO troubleshoot VBR ( failing to collect datafrom master server ).

2008-05-16 13:53:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] HOWTO troubleshoot VBR ( failing to collect datafrom master server ).
From: "Nardello, John" <john.nardello AT wamu DOT net>
To: "Kevin Miele" <kmiele01 AT gmail DOT com>, <Anil.Maurya AT sanofi-aventis DOT com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 10:30:48 -0700
There are several places this could be messing up.

1)      Did you set up VxSS correctly on your VBR ?

2)      You need a VBR agent running on a server for each Master OS
version. For example, if you've got a Solaris 10 Master, you need a VBR
agent installed on a Solaris 10 server. If you've got AIX, you need a
AIX agent, etc.
Once you've got your agent installed and working....

3)      Have you authorized the appropriate agent server in your
Master's bp.conf file with a SERVER= entry ? If the agent can't run
queries against your Master, you won't get any data.

4)      Have you configured the agent to go query your Master ?

- John Nardello