Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Suggestions for long running Windows SQL backups

2008-05-14 11:25:40
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Suggestions for long running Windows SQL backups
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 10:07:51 -0500
On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 9:34 AM, Jeff Lightner <jlightner AT water DOT com> wrote:

We have some Windows SQL databases over ½ TB that are now becoming a problem with backing up and duplicating in a timely manner.

On UNIX for large database we do BCVs and flat file backups.   Not being a Windows expert I'm not sure what is possible on the Windows side of things.

You can do the same thing for Windows.  EMC published the process for mounting up a BCV on Windows a long time ago.

   .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
RHCE, BCFP,  BCSD, SCSP