Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] VM Master / Media Servers

2008-05-14 11:10:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] VM Master / Media Servers
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "WEAVER, Simon (external)" <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 09:41:04 -0500
On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 9:07 AM, WEAVER, Simon (external) <simon.weaver AT astrium.eads DOT net> wrote:

I am being told that 6.5.1 includes VMWare support for Master / Media,
but I have not found any proof of this, so I may raise a call with
Symantec to get full confirmation.

This is not supported.

The issue is not Symantec - it's VMware.  A VMware guest can not have access to tape drives, so you're sunk right off the bat.

It you want to test a Master/media server in a VMware guest, and use *ONLY* disk-based storage units, I suspect that it will work.  No tape drive access though.

   .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
RHCE, BCFP, BCSD, SCSP