Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NB 6.5.1 master/media server on sol10 x64

2008-05-14 04:57:30
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NB 6.5.1 master/media server on sol10 x64
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 04:41:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 12 May 2008, tjk wrote:

> I'm in the process of specing out hardware and os requirements to build a
> NB 6.5.1 Master/Media server. I'm am considering building it on a Sun Fire
> x4100 m2 server running Solaris 10 x64 with a Data Domain DD530 appliance and
> a Quantum Scalar 50 with 2 LTO 4 drives. My biggest concern is, if I read the
> compatablity matrix for NBU correctly, NB 6.5.1 is the first release to
> support solaris x86/x64 as an os option for  a NB master/media server. Anyone
> have experience with NB master/media on solaris x64?

According to the 6.5 compatibility sheet, it is the first version that is
supposed to support Solaris x86_64.

However, I do not believe running all of that on 1 server is a wise choice.

For LTO-4, if only on gigabit and you want to maximize performance you should
only use one media server per LTO-4 drive unless you are going to use multiple
nics in the host.

Data Domain DDR's rule btw!

Justin.