Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Multiplexing on VTL's

2008-04-30 18:22:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Multiplexing on VTL's
From: "Tharp, Trey" <Trey.Tharp AT allstate DOT com>
To: "Travis Kelley" <rhatguy AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 17:10:49 -0500
The only downside to not multiplexing is the number of drives you have
to create and configure as well as the number of virtual media you have
to create as well. Depending on the VTL, media can be created by
allocating all the virtual cart space up front of allocating space on
demand. So, if you VTL only allows you to create virtual media by using
the space up front, you'll be limited in # of tapes by capacity, which
might not be enough to mount into all of the virtual drives required for
each stream.

Other than that situation any MPX setting from 1-32 should work..

-Trey