Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] VMotion - Supported for NBU 6.5 VCB Backups?

2008-04-30 16:36:02
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] VMotion - Supported for NBU 6.5 VCB Backups?
From: "Boris Kraizman" <sysadminzone AT gmail DOT com>
To: "David Attreed" <backuplover AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 16:18:43 -0400
Did you try to use the Virtual Center instead ESX hosts?

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 1:16 PM, David Attreed <backuplover AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
First post so be gentle. Am testing out VCB backups with NBU 6.5 which work absolutely fine. However, when we VMotion the host to a different ESX, NetBackup does not keep track of that action and promptly fails the next backup with a 156. Only fix I have found so far is to edit the backup policy, delete the host from the clients list, refresh the ESX list and then add the host back in from its new location.

The only mention anywhere in Symantec-land of VMotion is this small snippet from the VMware Best Practices Guide - "The configuration is Distributed Resource Scheduling (DRS) and VMotion aware."

Am I missing something?

TIA,
BackupLover