Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP tape drives

2008-04-29 13:28:16
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP tape drives
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Jerry Rioux" <jerryrioux AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:44:20 -0500
On 4/29/08, Jerry Rioux <jerryrioux AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
We are running NB 5.1 on a Windows master and have 2 drive in an autoloader. One drive is defined as an NDMP drive the other is a normal media drive. Can I make an NDMP storage unit and point to the non-NDMP drive to do backup to it?

With 5.x, tape drives are NDMP or not - I'm pretty sure they can't be both.

Would the situation be any different if I upgraded to 6.5?

I believe that this is finally supported in the current release.

   .../ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org