Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Emulex cards and RHEL5?

2008-04-28 20:04:51
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Emulex cards and RHEL5?
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Hadrian Baron" <Hadrian.Baron AT vegas DOT com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:49:42 -0500
On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 5:36 PM, Hadrian Baron <Hadrian.Baron AT vegas DOT com> wrote:
I too see people shying away from Emulex.  I think we will be moving forward with only Qlogic as well.

One of the things we like is that most  Unix systems originally liked only Qlogic although that is starting to change.  Given that a  person wants to standardize, Qlogic makes more sense.

Another added bonus is that you don't have to worry about firmware updates on Qlogic HBAs - just update the drivers and you're done.  With Emulex HBAs, you have to update both and try to keep them in synch.  Not too big of a deal, but it's 2 sets of data you have to keep track of.

   .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org