Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Discrepancy between Catalog search and media listing

2008-04-28 07:19:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Discrepancy between Catalog search and media listing
From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck AT habmalnefrage DOT de>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 12:54:01 +0200
Hello.

I'm using NBU 5.1 MP6 on a Solaris 10 system. I'm using the Java Admin
Gui on Solaris to manage the system.

In the Java gui, I went to NetBackup Management -> Catalog and performed
a search. Among other things, it returned that on 04/26/2008, there was
a backup done. The policy/schedule that has been used was a full backup
and has a retention period of 1 month. Backup was performed to tape.

So far, so good.

Now I went to Media and Device Management -> Media. There I'm having a
look at the tape with the Media ID, that was shown in the catalog search.
The GUI shows, that the tape is in the Scratch pool and that it has never
been mounted and never been assigned.

I do not understand this.

Why does the Catalog search (and also the Detailed Status listing of this
job) show that this tape has been mounted and written on, while the
media listing shows that tape as being unused?

Michael