Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] bpdbm acting wacky -- NB 6.0 MP5

2008-04-25 11:29:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] bpdbm acting wacky -- NB 6.0 MP5
From: "Sponsler, Michael" <Michael.Sponsler AT ngc DOT com>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 09:05:00 -0500
Solaris 10, Netbackup 6.0 MP5 Master server.

My bpdbm process is acting wacky (I think...I've never noticed this
behavior before).  I've actually got 14 bpdbm processes running, but
also 38 active jobs currently.  The logs for my in netbackup/logs/bpdbm
are very large...around 2 gigs per day's log file.  I'm seeing such
inforation in there as:

image_by_file: processing file
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/<hostname>/1157000000/<hostname>-Oracle-B
ackup_1157475027_UBAK
expdate: no match for
/usr/openv/netbackup/db/images/<hostname>/12030000000/<hoststname>-Oracl
e-Backup_1203468053_INCR

by bp.conf file has:
VERBOSE = 1
ENABLE_ROBUST_LOGGING = NO

But the thing is, I've noticed some information in my bpdbm logs talking
about Informix backups that we haven't done in almost 2 years since
we've moved to Oracle.  The backups are long since expired...so why is
Netbackup processing those files?

On my master server, I'm running Solaris 10 on a v440 w/ 16 gigs of RAM,
4 CPU's running @ 1593 Mhz.  I do have a large netbackup domain...60
Media & SAN Media servers, ~30 clients...but my Master server sees
constant 100% cpu utilization.  The Server slows down, and locks up.
Could this be related to bpdbm checking all the files in the catalog,
and spawning so many bpdbm processes?

--
Mike Sponsler
Michael.Sponsler AT ngc DOT com