Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows Master Server :(

2008-04-24 10:19:27
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Windows Master Server :(
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:57:22 -0400
If you're more comfortable with UNIX style OSes why not use the hardware
to create a Linux master instead of a Windoze master?

I gather there are several on the list using Linux for master servers.
(We use HP-UX for our master.)

I'm not sure the hardware below would be sufficient for a master though.