Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup6.5 in Solaris10 zone?

2008-04-22 11:53:48
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup6.5 in Solaris10 zone?
From: John Yu <jky AT it.bu DOT edu>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:18:49 -0400 (EDT)

Has anyone been able to get Netbackup6.5 server working under a Solaris10
non-global zone?  I know that this is not officially supported by Symantec,
but we would like to run NB6.5 in a test environment prior to role out.
I managed to force some things to install in a test zone by mucking with
the solaris install packages, but remote client backups do not work.

I am guessing I still need to install sgen and the authentication stuff
in the global zone first, but I haven't tried this yet.  I can access
the generic scsi devices from the zone but I believe Netbackup wants
to use it sgen driver for access to the tape devices.  I have no idea
what PBX and VRTSat/az are doing underneath.

Just wanted to check if anyone has successfully gotten this to work.
Is this a lost cause?

Thanks,
John