Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] mystery directory showing up - %SysTrustDir%

2008-04-21 17:58:33
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] mystery directory showing up - %SysTrustDir%
From: "Brian J. Greenberg" <bjgreenberg AT gmail DOT com>
To: "Tharp, Trey" <Trey.Tharp AT allstate DOT com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 16:44:51 -0500
Yea, we have a case open now with Symantec and they wanted our /var/VRTSat/.VRTSat/profile/VRTSatlocal.conf file to check it out.

We've noticed that it happened sometime after installing NBU 6.0 and that it seems to write that mystery directory to the directory you are in and you are running a command that hits the EMM (e.g. vmquery, bpexpdate, etc.).  [We've noticed it doesn't do that with commands like bpimagelist].

At first guess, I'd say it was a error from the install script that's treating that variable (looks like a windows or database type variable) and not giving it the correct path as you mentioned.  My guess is that it really wants a path like /var/VRTSat/.VRTSat/profile/systruststore instead.  That is the directory that is currently on our file system.

--
Brian J. Greenberg