Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] mystery directory showing up - %SysTrustDir%

2008-04-21 09:34:34
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] mystery directory showing up - %SysTrustDir%
From: "Tharp, Trey" <Trey.Tharp AT allstate DOT com>
To: "Brian J. Greenberg" <bjgreenberg AT gmail DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 08:05:33 -0500
We've been battling this same issue since upgrading to 6.5.1 on our masters. The VRTSat package is related to this and it's not sure if that package is creating the directory or NBU processes are. Some things of note so far is that the '/var/VRTSat/.VRTSat/profile/VRTSatlocal.conf' file is being modified from what appears to be a normal entry of;

VRTSatlocal.conf:"TrustStoreDirectory"="/var/VRTSat/.VRTSat/profile/truststore"

To an incorrect entry of;

"SystemDefaultTrustDirectory"="%SysTrustDir%"

When the incorrect entry is in place, it seems when you some or all NBU commands a %SysTrustDir% directory is created in your current path or in the .VRTSat/profile directory. It's a mystery at this point as to who's doing what and I've currently got a case open with support on it while we continue to look into it internally. The only issue we've seen is it created this directory in the 'remote_versions' directory and causes vnetd to have issue looking up that invalid host name.

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer, but maybe this information will help track the root cause down.

-Trey