Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] How to regain disk space from failed backup to DSU

2008-04-18 15:03:13
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] How to regain disk space from failed backup to DSU
From: "Johnson, Eric" <Eric.Johnson AT mtsallstream DOT com>
To: "Aleksandr Nepomnyashchiy" <anepomn AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 14:45:34 -0400
I have had this happen to me. The file system log corrupted and the disk
was returning I/O errors, so there were partial images on the DSSU, but
it purged the associated catalog data when the backup failed.

Try the bpexpdate to expire the images first. If NetBackup tells you the
image doesn't exist, then you'll have to delete the files manually. This
won't confuse NetBackup since there's no corresponding image info in the
catalog about these files.

Eric