Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Sharing drive in multiple NB domains

2008-04-18 10:24:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Sharing drive in multiple NB domains
From: Slusarski <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2008 10:02:26 -0400
I have two different NetBackup zones. In witch one NB 6.5 server is running.
Every zone of NB is in different lokalization. In first domain there is 10
clients    including 2 entherprise (SAN). The first one is production. There in
Informix database with HADR (replication over IP)  to second replication. In
every lokalization there is library (IBM TS3200) with two drives. NB server in
first lokalization has SSO=4 and NB server in second lokalization is NB server
5 clients 1 ent. client (SAN) and SSO=2. I don't want to use partitioning of
library in the level on library. I would like to use NB server in first
lokalization and use two drivers in first lokalization and two in second
lokalization (to share drives in second lokalization ) a can see WWN of drives
and library. The second library in controled and used (two drives) by second NB
server. So because I can see drives ofer the SAN fron first lokalization I
wonder If I could use it (NB server in first lokalization). Who would operate
the changer ?
The changer of library is used by second NB server ( in second NB domain).
That configuration would be comfortable for mi because I could make two copies
of data at the same time in two different libraries in two lokalization. In
sytuation of crash in first lokalization I still could be able to import tapes
from first NB server lokated in second library.

For example I have similar sytuation in two Tivoli Storage Server and there is
 possible to share one library in SAN between two or more TSM servers. One of
its must become "library manager" and others communicate with library manager
over IP to send order of mounting tape   in drive slot.
Thanks