Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Master Server on a SUN Thumper?

2008-04-14 13:01:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Master Server on a SUN Thumper?
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Jim Horalek" <jimh AT federaledge DOT com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 11:43:44 -0500
On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 10:22 AM, Jim Horalek <jimh AT federaledge DOT com> wrote:
Just as an aside, how many people are building Master servers on SATA?

The master server is one big flat-file database.  Why would you want it on SATA?  I don't imagine that many database operations are going to any fun at all...

You could, on the other hand, put a DSSU or DSU on your master on SATA but that would be providing media server functionality, not master server functionality.  I'd be okay with doing that (and am doing it here).

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org