Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Quarterly Backups and Calendar Schedule

2008-04-01 14:07:07
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Quarterly Backups and Calendar Schedule
From: "bob944" <bob944 AT attglobal DOT net>
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 13:36:57 -0400
> [...] Schedule-based backups (SBB) would give Randy more than
> [...] uses Frequency Based Backups (FBB), the first thing is he

Is there some reason to introduce a new, content-free term and acronym
here?

_All_ NetBackup-scheduled backups are "schedule-based."  They can be
frequency-based or calendar-based; using "Schedule Based backups" as a
synonym for calendar-based adds confusion and provides zero value.

And while I'm writing, calendar-based scheduling is, of course, the work
of the devil.  Real Men will use frequency-based.  Real Men with
purchasing authority will buy an external, industrial-strength,
general-purpose scheduler for their enterprise.