Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing Up Too Much Information

2008-04-01 10:24:00
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing Up Too Much Information
From: "Randy Samora" <Randy.Samora AT stewart DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 08:54:31 -0500
I didn't think I'd ever say that but I am backing up too much data.  I
am running NBU 6.0 MP4, Windows Master/Media/Clients.  I have a client
with four 500GB volumes and my full backups from this weekend are
already at 1.7TB and still climbing.  I have seen this twice before and
it will end up backing up about twice as much data as is actually on the
client so I can only assume it's getting everything twice.  Does anyone
know how and why this happens and do you have any suggestions on how to
avoid it.

Thanks,
Randy