Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] script user backups of Exchange 2007.

2008-03-28 18:35:28
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] script user backups of Exchange 2007.
From: <Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com>
To: <JMICHITS AT gannett DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 16:24:51 -0600
Ah.  In that case, we're doing something similar.

Snapmanager makes a snapshot of the "disk" (iSCSI) that Exchange lives
on, we mount that disk on another NT box and back it up directly.  It's
all driven by some post-snap script that calls "bpbackup" and sends the
files to a policy with a user-backup type of schedule.

It's kludgy but it works.