Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] HDS Shadow Image & NBU for SQL/Exchange Backups

2008-03-28 16:46:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] HDS Shadow Image & NBU for SQL/Exchange Backups
From: <briandiven AT northwesternmutual DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:27:58 -0500

I am investigating alternative options for a large SQL DB and Exchange
backups.  I am entertaining the thought of Hitachi's Shadow Image
software along with NBU's Advanced Client to use VSS to make me a clean
shadow copy of this data.  Then I would take the Shadow Image and mount
it to a Windows Media Server and backup to FC tape drives.  This
effectively gives me an off-host backup with no impact to the
application.  I'm running NBU 6.0 MP5.

Has anyone had experience or words of wisdom regarding this type of a
solution?

TIA - Brian

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information of
Northwestern Mutual. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, be
aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this e-mail and any
attachments is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
notify Northwestern Mutual immediately by returning it to the sender and delete
all copies from your system. Please be advised that communications received via
the Northwestern Mutual Secure Message Center are secure. Communications that
are not received via the Northwestern Mutual Secure Message Center may not be
secure and could be observed by a third party. Thank you for your cooperation.