Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] help ----The requested media is not listed in the media inde

2008-03-28 13:17:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] help ----The requested media is not listed in the media inde
From: harry78 <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:58:08 -0400
Dear All,

I have Symantec backup exec 11d for windows servers.I have some old tape DDS-4
media which i used to used to take backup and ow i need to restore.

Let me explain the whole scenario:
2yrs Back: I had the backup server with 4 DAT -72 drives and i made a pool of
them so that backup exec will think its one drive and will do the backup on all
4 DDS4 media.The backup were successful and i have it various copies of it.

Today's scenario:I have the backup server with only 1 DAT - 72 drive and i have
backup exec software and i need to restore the drive pool which i had 2 yrs
back.
a)Can i use 1 DAT drive to restore the whole Drive pool. I tried it once and
did inventory by putting each tape one by one and then i started catalogue also
one by one.But as soon as it finished for the 1st tape , it failed and gave me
the following message :
" The job failed with the following error: The requested media is not listed in
the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog
information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media
and resubmit the Catalog operation."

1. Pls tell me if its possible first of all to recover with one tape the media
which was created in a drive pool of 4 tape drives?

2.What is the solution to fix it and specially the above error .

3.What is the best practice to go about it.Is their any specific order i should
follow.

FYI- i have done the inventory and then catalog.

Pls help , since its one of our GM and he wants to retrieve some imp.
emails.The issue is so severe that i am coming even in the weekend to make it
restore.

Guys , pls help me out.

Thanks

HARY