Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate disk => tape. Can running backup and duplicate share the tape?

2008-03-27 09:22:58
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] bpduplicate disk => tape. Can running backup and duplicate share the tape?
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Justin Piszcz" <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>, "Andrey Halezov" <andrey.halezov AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 09:02:00 -0400
I don't think inline copy is what the OP is talking about.

My read is he wants to multiplex a tape backup with a duplication to
tape from a backup previously written to his disk storage.

I don't think that is possible since bpbkup and bpduplicate are separate
processes.  I haven't attempted it and wouldn't think it advisable to do
it even if it were possible.