Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Sizing experiences ?

2008-03-26 14:38:47
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Sizing experiences ?
From: "Ed Wilts" <ewilts AT ewilts DOT org>
To: "Michael Graff Andersen" <mian71 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 13:03:36 -0500
On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:48 PM, Michael Graff Andersen <mian71 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
How do you arrive at 16 GB memory ?

Some things can't be calculated - it's based on gut feel and experience.

Symantec's performance and tuning guide is seriously lacking in way too many places.  I've already been in discussions with them about that.   It's a good start, but you certainly can't use it to spec out a system if you're not an experienced NetBackup admin.  If you don't have the experience, I suggest you engage a consultant or reseller that does.

   .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts AT ewilts DOT org