Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Is NBU v6.5.1 stable?

2008-03-26 10:17:11
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Is NBU v6.5.1 stable?
From: "Randy Samora" <Randy.Samora AT stewart DOT com>
To: "King, Cheryl" <cheryl.king AT intrado DOT com>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 08:53:00 -0500

Cheryl,

Make the leap of faith.  I have 3 installations and I upgraded from 5.1 MP6 to 6.0 MP4 at one location and from 5.1 MP6 to 6.5.1 at another location and both upgrades went smoothly and both sites have been running great for over 2 months.  Use the nbcc utility and work with Symantec to make sure your database is stable and the upgrade should be relatively painless.  My last upgrade will be to 6.5.1 because I see no reason not to bump it up all the way.  6.5.1 seems very stable so far.  However, I did not take into consideration all of the new features in 6.x.  There are new error codes, parent/child jobs, different ways to backup the catalog . . .    I wish I had taken a class first to familiarize myself with what’s new in 6.x.  I have a few concerns about my backups even though everything seems to be running great.  I’d just like to know for sure.

Thanks,
Randy