Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Remote Online Backups

2008-03-26 01:46:46
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Remote Online Backups
From: "Curtis Preston" <cpreston AT glasshouse DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 01:28:19 -0400
Message and poster dealt with.

I don't normally post my personal opinions about products, but for some
reason right now I feel inspired.

I don't get the whole Riverbed thing.  I don't see any advantages in the
backup arena over using a more standard dedupe appliance or dedupe
backup software, and I see a few disadvantages.

Riverbed, if you're listening, you haven't made a friend today by using
my website to post SPAM, but I am willing to listen if you want to
convince me otherwise.

---
W. Curtis Preston
Backup Blog @ www.backupcentral.com
VP Data Protection, GlassHouse Technologies