Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] folders & files not backing up

2008-03-24 13:51:55
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] folders & files not backing up
From: Bobby R Windle <bwindle AT wlgore DOT com>
To: <Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 13:13:06 -0400

sorry..
Yes directory. All operating systems but some more than others..

No it is not a link. That was the first thing I checked. Non of the directories under /opt are links...
Just makes no sense why a slective backup of just the missing directory works. Even using same policy just modifying the file selection from
ALL_LOCAL_DRIVES to /opt./(directory name) works..

Bobby Windle | W.L. Gore & associates, Inc.
Backup / Disaster Recovery Admin
work: 302 292 4026
cell  : 302 588 7374
bwindle AT wlgore DOT com | http://www.gore.com

<Mark.Donaldson AT cexp DOT com>

03/24/2008 12:48 PM

<bwindle AT wlgore DOT com>
cc
<veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Subject
RE: [Veritas-bu] folders & files not backing up

Oh - another idea?  Is the directory under /opt a link?

ls -ld /opt/<skippped name>

Netbackup does not follow links.

My thinking this is an error in perception, rather than a technical problem.  Your use of the word "folder" rather than "directory" for solaris makes me think you are perhaps a Windows person with Unix as your second language?