Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Remote Online Backups

2008-03-14 14:23:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Remote Online Backups
From: cindylazz <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 04:43:04 -0400
We have about 40 locations worldwide, with a typical data size of about 200 GB
per location, with some up to 2 TB. Most sites have 1024 to 1536 Kb/s MPLS
links, with a few 2 Mb/s and one 4.5 Mb/s. Central data center has two 45 Mb/s
links.
We are looking to remote, online backups to our data center from each location.
I'm wondering which products and processes have worked.

Has anybody successfully implemented remote, online backups of Windows servers
across their WAN to a central data center?