Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] "Successful" NDMP Backups Missing Data

2008-03-13 17:32:31
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] "Successful" NDMP Backups Missing Data
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: "Martin, Jonathan" <JMARTI05 AT intersil DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 17:10:07 -0400

You might want to verify your policy “selections” included everything and also that you don’t have an exclude list specification on the client that would have made it skip certain things.

It would be very bad indeed if NBU gave a status 0 for backups that didn’t backup exactly what they were told to backup.   My first suspicion would be that this didn’t occur – that either its not in the selections for the policy or it was excluded due an exclude list.

Of course there are other things that could cause this – e.g. do not cross mount points, don’t backup NFS etc… that might have been set on the policy by default.