Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Vault failure after upgrade from 6.0MP4 to 6.5.1

2008-03-12 09:07:53
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Vault failure after upgrade from 6.0MP4 to 6.5.1
From: netbackup AT whelan-consulting.co DOT uk
To: <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 13:53:33 +0100
Hello everyone,

Has anyone seen a problem when upgrading a windoze server running NBU 6.0MP4 to
6.5.1. The problem we are seeing appears to be related to the catalog backup
part of a vault schedule. We are getting an error that NBU cannot write to a
log file. The odd thing is the "Program File" portion has a strange character
after the "m". I cannot find a configuration file anywhere that uses this name,
nor can I find an entry in the registry. I have exhausted my limited windoze
knowledge and am hoping someone has seen this or something similar. All
suggestions welcomed.

Regards,

Patrick Whelan