Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.1 NBU Console crashing?

2008-03-08 22:22:41
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] 6.5.1 NBU Console crashing?
From: "Chacko, Savil" <SavilChacko AT templeinland DOT com>
To: <SJACOBSO AT novell DOT com>, <veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 21:08:08 -0600

We had an issue where the admin console would hang if we tried to make a change to a policy that had multistreaming in place. As soon as we applied any change to the policy we couldn't refresh the policies and then we noticed we also could not do anything else in the admin console.   At first the only way to get it to work again was not just to bpdown and then bpup, but actually reboot the master server.  It turned out, though, that we needed to kill the pbxexchange process on the master when doing a bpdown and then the bpup would be fine. I had a ticket open for a couple weeks where I could reproduce the issue at will, but then all of a sudden it stopped being an issue and all I could do was have them close the ticket. The issue wasn't just with policies that had been upgraded, but also with brand new policies.  This only occured when the master was a Win2k3 server, but did not occur with an AIX master that was upgraded as well. Might/probably not be the same issue as yours, but who knows.

-Savil

Sent using BlackBerry