Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Could not read logging configuration file

2008-03-07 10:01:53
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Could not read logging configuration file
From: "Jeff Lightner" <jlightner AT water DOT com>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 09:44:57 -0500
Actually the bpbrm IS apparently invoked on the client at the beginning
of the backup based on my read of the details in the Activity Monitor
and my later solution.

As noted in my original posting I was seeing this specifically on RHEL5
clients that used the Master for Media Server.  Having dozens of other
clients using the Master I am quite sure it wasn't an issue on the
Master's bpbrm.

Please see the email I sent yesterday marked "RESOLVED".  I believe the
issue was caused because the compatibility libraries weren't installed
before the NBU client software.  Even though the client install gave no
errors itself that is only one of two differences I noticed between
RHEL5 servers that gave the error and subsequent ones that didn't.
There was another difference that I note in that email but as suggested
there I don't think it was the problem.  In fact I can confirm firewall
wasn't the issue because my co-worker had installed a RHEL5 that was
giving the same error but he had NOT done the firewall setup for that
client which I had done for the one initially described in my first
email.   On reinstalling there after verifying the compatibility library
(comapt-libstdc++-296 package) was in place it too no longer gave the
error.