Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Media Server with multiple NICS]

2008-03-04 12:08:38
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Media Server with multiple NICS]
From: "Travis Kelley" <rhatguy AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:48:40 -0500
You should be able to achieve this without anu configuration changes
to NB itself.  We use multiple nics and you just have to make sure the
routing is correct.  When bpcd on the media server connects to the
client the client will then connect back to that same ip (assuming
that ip is allowed in the bp.conf on the client). So make sure you
route traffic out the proper interface and the client will send data
back through that interface.   You do not need multiple storage units.
 The storage unit is not tied to the interface the data came in on.
Hope this helps.

Travis