Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP error with error code 219

2008-02-28 13:44:17
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] NDMP error with error code 219
From: "Paul Keating" <pkeating AT bank-banque-canada DOT ca>
To: <VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:15:50 -0500
Likely your tape drive you have provisioned for NDMP is down for some
reason.

Verify you don't have a tape stuck in the drive.
Try:

> ndmpd status

From the CLI on your filer to see if you have a halted job.
This may occur if you rebooted the Sun box while an NDMP job was
running, or even if the filer just had a reserve on the drive at the
time.

If you have a halted job, you can terminate it with:

> ndmpd kill <session #>

Or

> ndmpd killall

Is it possible the password used for ndmpd on the filer has changed?

To verify that you can connect to the filer from the backup server, run
this on you master:

> set_ndmp_attr -verify <filer_host_name>

You should see a response like:

Connecting to host "filer_host_name" as user "root"...  <-root could
also be "ndmp" or soemthing.
Waiting for connect notification message...
Opening session--attempting with NDMP protocol version 4...
Opening session--successful with NDMP protocol version 4
  host supports MD5 authentication
Getting MD5 challenge from host...
Logging in using MD5 method...
Host info is:
  host name "filer_host_name"
  os type "NetApp"
  os version "NetApp Release #.#.#"
  host id "##########"
Login was successful
Host supports LOCAL backup/restore
Host supports 3-way backup/restore

If not, you may need to re-auth your backup master.

Paul

--

La version française suit le texte anglais.

This email may contain privileged and/or confidential information, and the Bank
of
Canada does not waive any related rights. Any distribution, use, or copying of
this
unauthorized. If you received this email in error please delete it immediately
from

Le présent courriel peut contenir de l'information privilégiée ou
confidentielle.
La Banque du Canada ne renonce pas aux droits qui s'y rapportent. Toute
diffusion,
personne autre que le ou les destinataires désignés est interdite. Si vous
recevez
ce courriel par erreur, veuillez le supprimer immédiatement et envoyer sans
délai à
l'expéditeur un message électronique pour l'aviser que vous avez éliminé de
votre
ordinateur toute copie du courriel reçu.