Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] market coverage of tape libraries and SAN switches

2008-02-28 11:35:19
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] market coverage of tape libraries and SAN switches
From: "Peacock Dennis - dpeaco" <Dennis.Peacock AT acxiom DOT com>
To: "Rosenkoetter, Gabriel" <Gabriel.Rosenkoetter AT radian DOT biz>, "Shyam Hazari" <shazari AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:04:23 -0600

Data Encryption for backups. Wow…what a topic. We’ve tried doing encryption via Netbackup and the tape backup performance went from 60MB/s per tape drive to 6MB/s per tape drive. No central key management and required manual tracking of encryption keys.

Now it’s LTO-4 tape drives with central key management or T10000 tape drives to a central key management host. Performance is much better, but IMHO, not exactly there just yet.

Thank You,

Dennis Peacock

EBCA

Acxiom Corporation