Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How do you use NBCC?

2008-02-28 09:27:31
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do you use NBCC?
From: "Tony T." <rollthebones AT gmail DOT com>
To: veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 08:08:48 -0600
I have an upgrade project coming up, going from 5.1 to 6.5   I have been doing some research and  it was suggested that I run the utility NBCC (consistency checker).

Downloaded and ran it on a test box, and I don't really get what it is supposed to tell me.  Not only that, the last line in the output is to "send the cab file to Symantec support for analysis."   Is there any information on how I can parse what this utility is supposed to be telling me, or is my only option to have Symantec look at it?

TIA,