Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] SL8500 Question (Different media generations)

2008-02-25 19:02:05
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] SL8500 Question (Different media generations)
From: Dominik Pietrzykowski <dominik_pietrzykowski AT toll.com DOT au>
To: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz AT lucidpixels DOT com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:48:42 +1100

> Quite nice-- have you experienced any issues with that setup so far?

A few, more to do with adding new media servers and seeing limits on the new ACSLS client file. There's a limit as to how many you can add to a line.

I have had to restart drives individually and we had a few that were DOA when we had the library setup.

One tip is that make sure tapes are not in use when you try to eject them, netbackup does not like it. One of the guys did it here and it took me a while to fix it.

> Also, how did you add the drives via ACSLS?

run:

config drive 0,3,1 (lsm to search for new drives)

Note: Do this from the command line as acsss user and not in acsls (cmd_proc)

I'm guessing you know how to list drives in acsls to see that new ones have been added ?

> With the standard config acs > 0 command to pickup & re-inventory all
> hardware or?

Haven't used that one.

Cheers,

Dominik