Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] pempersist

2008-02-25 02:01:05
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] pempersist
From: A Darren Dunham <ddunham AT taos DOT com>
To: Veritas-bu AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 06:46:10 +0000
On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 07:11:20PM -0600, Larry Fahnoe wrote:
> All that said, I would not encourage deleting pempersist or STREAMS
> without the guidance of a Symantec engineer--if NBU is busted to the point
> of needing to do something like that, then we need to be helping Symantec to
> gather the data so that they can fix it.

At one point in time, they had a technote that gave instructions on
deleting the pempersist file to correct scheduling issues.  That note
has since been removed.

That said, it appears that deleting it is pretty safe as long as all
jobs are "Done".  Deleting it can screw up any jobs that are waiting to
restart or are suspended.