Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Is BMR worth it / How long does it really save you?

2008-02-22 15:17:57
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Is BMR worth it / How long does it really save you?
From: Rusty.Major AT sungard DOT com
To: jlightner AT water DOT com, VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 13:56:40 -0600
Jeff, I think you might be reading too much into it. I certainly wasn't
intending to demean anyone's position. My team, backup and storage, is
separate from the Sys Admins so I was merely asking if the feature was or
could be made easy enough for a non-NBU person to handle. Typically, the
Ops team lays down the OS, then Sys Admins finalize it, so I don't know
where the responsibility would lie if we implement BMR. As I stated, I
don't want it to end up on my team.

>>From the couple of responses received so far, it sounds like it should be
fairly straightforward, as long as there is some education and
documentation.

Thanks,

Rusty