Veritas-bu

Re: [Veritas-bu] Question about synthetic backups

2008-02-20 13:07:50
Subject: Re: [Veritas-bu] Question about synthetic backups
From: "Steve Fogarty" <steve.fogarty AT gmail DOT com>
To: VERITAS-BU AT mailman.eng.auburn DOT edu
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:46:55 -0400
If all you are looking for is another copy of the full backup you have, then just run

bpduplicate -dp <destination_pool_name> -backupid <backup_id>

Steve

On Tue, Feb 19, 2008 at 3:20 PM, dbergen <netbackup-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:

When I attempt a synthetic backup and the most recent backup of the client is a full backup nothing happens.

Nothing happens because Netbackup says there was no incremental backup to analyze. My question is: So What?

I want another full backup, to a completely different volume pool, shouldn't Netbackup realize that the volume pool is different and run the synthetic backup again?

Hopefully someone can tell me what I am doing wrong here.

Thanks,
dbergen